1/2 Photos of Original 'nilla Banana Pudding
Posted in response to my own request. :) This is said to be the best and only banana pudding you should make! courtesy Nabisco.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1MIX 1/2 cup of the sugar, flour and salt in top of double boiler.
- 2Blend in 3 egg yolks and milk.
- 3Cook, uncovered, over boiling water 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- 4Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- 5RESERVE 10 of the wafers for garnish.
- 6Spread small amount of custard on bottom of 1-1/2-quart baking dish; cover with layers of 1/3 each of the remaining wafers and sliced bananas.
- 7Pour about 1/3 of the remaining custard over bananas.
- 8Continue to layer wafers, bananas and custard to make a total of 3 layers of each, ending with custard.
- 9BEAT egg whites on high speed of electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- 10Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating until stiff but not dry.
- 11Spoon over custard; spread evenly to cover entire surface of custard and sealing well to edge.
- 12BAKE at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 13Cool slightly or refrigerate several hours until chilled.
- 14Top with reserved wafers just before serving.
- 15Garnish with additional banana slices, if desired.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Original 'nilla Banana Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 52.1 mg
- Sodium 120.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 4.7 g