1/1 Photo of Original New York Cheesecake
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
KISS THE COOK's Note:
I love cheesecake and make many different varieties, but this is my basic go to recipe. There are many variations around but this is the one I like best. Always, KISS THE COOK!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring all ingredients to room temperature (this helps to prevent cracking).
- 2MIX crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and butter;.
- 3press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. (using a hamburger press handle works great for this!).
- 4Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes.
- 5MIX cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, flour and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- 6Blend in sour cream. mix well
- 7Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition, just until blended. Do not over mix!
- 8Pour over crust.
- 9Run a knife through to remove any air bubbles.
- 10BAKE 1 hour and 5 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until center is almost set. 325 °F for a silver springform pan 300 °F if using a dark nonstick pan
- 11Crack oven door open slightly and allow cheesecake to temper for about 30 minutes.
- 12Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake;.
- 13Remove rim of pan.
- 14Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. (This is a must!).
- 15Top with cherry pie filling and garnish, if desired.
- 16Variation, 1/3 cup seedless strawberry jam can be dropped in spoonfuls over the batter and cut through the batter several times for marble effect before baking.
- 17Variation #2 Cook above recipe and add 10 minutes before bake time ends. Mix 1 cup sour cream, 2 Tbsp sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla together and carefully spread over cheesecake and bake 10 minutes longer. When serving, top with mixed berries!
- 18Variation #3 Before serving, melt caramels in the microwave until smooth, stir in chopped pecans in desired and spoon on top of each slice.
- 19Variation #4 Before serving, Crush us peanut butter cups press lightly into top of cheescake and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- 20Variation #5 Before serving, Cut cheesecake into cubes if desired, and drizzle with melted chocolate. Refrigerate for chocolate to harden.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Original New York Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.3
- Calories from Fat 380
- Total Fat 42.2 g
- Saturated Fat 25.7 g
- Cholesterol 190.5 mg
- Sodium 376.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 10.5 g