Southwest Chef from Oklahoma's Note:
This famous classic American cookie is a treat no matter what the age or occasion. Enjoy it with a glass of cold milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
- 2COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 3BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.
- 5SLICE AND BAKE COOKIE VARIATION:.
- 6PREPARE dough as above. Divide in half; wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Shape each half into 15-inch log; wrap in wax paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.* Preheat oven to 375°F Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
- 7* May be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.
- 8FOR HIGH ALTITUDE BAKING (5,200 feet): Increase flour to 2 1/2 cups. Add 2 teaspoons water with flour and reduce both granulated sugar and brown sugar to 2/3 cup each. Bake drop cookies for 8 to 10 minutes and pan cookie for 17 to 19 minutes.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Original Nestle Toll House® Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.6
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 14.5 mg
- Sodium 105.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 1.3 g