Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
The original recipe used in many NY restaurants.
- 12 chicken wings
- 12 ounces Frank's red hot sauce
- 4 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, a medium
- black pepper
- flour (for dredging)
- cayenne pepper
- Tabasco sauce, for extra heat
- 2 teaspoons Good Seasons Italian dressing, mix
- If you don't have the Good Season dressing packet you can substitute this seasoning mixture using some or all of these items and use one teaspoon and save the rest:.
- 1 tsp oregano.
- 1/2 tsp basil.
- 1/4 tsp thyme.
- 1 tsp garlic powder.
- 1 tsp onion powder.
- 1/2 tsp celery salt.
- If making seasoning mix, add some to the flour with salt and pepper.
- Cover wings in flour.
- Fry in hot oil.
- Let drain on wire rack.
- Melt butter in pan but do not allow to boil.
- Add RedHot Sauce, lemon juice and dressing mix or seasoning mix and stir.
- Heat but again do not boil.
- Add wings to a large bowl or bag for coating wings. Add sauce and shake or.
- stir to coat well. Remove wings and serve with celery and blue cheese or.
- ranch dressing.
Didn't try the recipe, but being from Buffalo, NY just had to say that this isn't an original Buffalo wing recipe, although it may be from some other part of NY. I will probably try it though because it does sound good.
THIS IS NOT A BUFFALO RECIPE!!! I have been to the original restaurant (now sadly closed) and NO original recipe breads the wings or uses flour at all. Frank's is the sauce used, but it's mixed up butter and vinegar and that's all! My husband makes them every Friday night. These might be good - but they aren't Buffalo wings.
The preparation was simple and the product yummy. This will be our go to recipe. Seriously enjoyed these wings.