Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A copycat version of a Starbucks frappuccino;only one word can describe this recipe-YUMMY!
- 1⁄4 cup powdered milk
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup coffee
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1⁄4 cup peppermint syrup (optional)
- Brew the coffee-I use 1/4 cup Starbucks Bold grounds to 1 cup water.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl with the hot coffee and stir until the powdered milk is dissolved.
- Chill until cold by placing in a refrigerator or dropping some ice cubes in the mixture.
- When chilled,blend with ice until thick and slushy-you'll probably need 1-2 trays of ice cubes.
- Pour in Starbucks Venti cold cups and enjoy!
- Quick Note:You can also double,triple,quadruple,ect this recipe and store in a pitcher in the refrigerator, just stir really good before using.
- 1 cup of the liquid makes 1 drink.
Even with making adjustments using the items I had, this is delicious! I used 1/4 cup organic cocoa powder, 1/4 cup evaporated cane juice crystals and 1/2 cup keifer in addition to the 1/2 cup milk. The results was a healthier version than Starbucks and just as delicious. I will definately be making these this summer.
This was delicious!! My husband was a big fan as well! Very close to the original...the closest I've had! Thanks Princessfootball for the great recipe!