Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
There are many different versions of this, and we love to eat this with tabasco sauce and sometime along with ketchup drizzled over it. The kids like this with ketchup (of course). I've always eyeballed the seasonings, and relied on the hot sauce, so do adjust to your taste (add more seasonings if you don't use hot sauce or ketchup)!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 ounces brown button mushrooms, quartered
- 8 ounces frozen chopped spinach, well drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (eyeball it)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Heat skillet, sautee chopped onions until softened, add garlic.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat and add olive oil, add mushrooms and sautee a few minutes. Season with some salt and pepper, add red wine. Simmer with lid slightly open.
- Add ground meat to the onions, season with salt, pepper, Italian Seasonings, garlic powder, and brown the meat.
- When meat is almost cooked through, add spinach and the entire skillet of mushrooms and juices, add worchestershire. Cook through. Turn heat to low and add eggs, stir and cook until set. Adjust seasonings to taste.