Recipe by ~Nimz~
From Top Secret Recipes www.TopSecretRecipes.com. Irish whiskey mixed with cream and sugar with a taste of coffee, chocolate, vanilla and almond. What more could you ask for. Original posted by Mom at Allrecipes
Top Review by cali~jenn
this is a recipe that we have used in our family for many years and prefer this to bailys any day. most my family lokes to just sip it straight but i prefer it in my coffee. it is so creamy and good, this post makes me want some now. :) the only difference in my recipe and yours is i use light cream instead of heavy. it is so thick with the light cream, i can only imagine it is REALLY thick with the heavy. i use 1 1/2 c. of whisky and i also have increased the vanilla to 1 1/2 tsp. after making many batches. using this amount of whisky works out perfectly if you are making many batches, if i remember correctly 1-750 ml. bottle of whisky will make 2 1/2 batches using that amount.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 2⁄3 cups Irish whiskey
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, Irish whiskey, instant coffee, chocolate syrup, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Blend on high for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Shake well before serving.
- Will keep for 2 months if refrigerated.
- Adapted from Todd Wilbur's book More Top Secret Recipes.