Recipe by ProbeStreaker
I always love that Original Green Bean Casserole since I was kid. My family loves this and always eat that during Thanksgiving, Christmas, or weeknights!
Top Review by OceanLuvinGranny
This was good. However, the actual original green bean casserole always includes some soy sauce mixed with the mushroom soup and a small amount of grated cheese (about 1/4 c). We have always eaten ours this way. Yours was good though. Just missed the other ingredients and I always use just the canned,cut green beans, not the frozen ones. Thanks for sharing and we were glad to try it. Think we will stick with our recipoe thougyh.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (9 ounce) packages frozen cut green beans, thawed and drained or 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 1 1⁄3 cups French's French fried onions, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Combine soup, milk and ground pepper in 1-1/2-quart casserole; stir until well blended. Stir in beans and 2/3 cup French Fried Onions.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until hot. Stir; sprinkle with remaining 2/3 cup onions. Bake 5 minutes or until onions are golden.
- Microwave Directions: Prepare green bean mixture as above in 1-1/2-quart microwave-safe casserole. Cook, covered, on HIGH 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through. Stir beans halfway through cooking time. Top with remaining French Fried Onions; cook, uncovered, 1 minute. Let stand 5 minutes.