Recipe by GlamAtomic
This recipe was taken from the 2 April, 1940 edition of the Vancouver Sun newspaper. It was a 'prize winning recipe' submitted by Mrs R.G. Gilman who says "this is an ideal recipe to use when preparing for luncheon or bridge parties". As I was unfamiliar with the term 'Graham Wafer', I did a quick check, and verified that they are the same as 'Graham Crackers'. Enjoy!
- 36 graham wafers, rolled fine
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped fine
- 1 (5 ounce) package marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut Marshmallows into small pieces and add to milk.
- Add Walnuts and Wafers, saving out 1 cup of the crushed Wafers.
- Line a cake pan (7"x10") with 1/2 cup of Wafers.
- Press the cake mixture in.
- Add or press the remaining 1/2 cup of Wafers on top.
- Let stand until set. Do not cook.