Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
1 wheat beer 1 cola This is a popular mix drink especially with the younger folks in Germany. It is vital that you use a tall glass for this and pour the beer slowly into the glass (while holding glass tilted to the side, adjusting the angle as the glass fills). The drink is rather muddy looking but refreshing and appeals even to "non beer fans"
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle wheat beer (regular beer bottle)
- 1 (12 ounce) can cola (regular soda can)
- 1 drinking glass (tall beer glass, wheat beer glass)
- wash out wheat beer glass.
- pour cola to about 1/3 of the glass.
- pour wheat beer (tilt glass heavily to the side and slowly pour wheat beer) on top of cola until glass is full.
I drank this at sevetal clubs while I was stationed in Germany in the early '90s. This was a refreshing drink with a sweet taste. I have little luck reproducing it with American made Weizens or imports though.
Several of us gave this drink a try, and we came up with a 2 star rating (They ranged between 0-3). This may be a popular drink in Germany, but we did not care for this. We made it with "Hof-brau" and cola. (Made for PAC Spring 2013)