Recipe by Busy Mom 628
I got this recipe in the coupon pages of the weekend paper a long time ago. It didn't need much tweaking, it was good to start with and it's easy.
Top Review by Kay D.
These tasted pretty good. Yes, I know I am a sick puppy, but I absolutely adore Taco Bell's enchiritos. I think I may make these again, but mix a little Taco Bell taco sauce in with the enchilada sauce. Mixed reviews from the kids (one didn't like the beans, one didn't like the sauce), but if I only made what they liked, we'd have pizza 24/7. I used 4 oz. more cheee than the recipe called for.
- 1 lb ground beef (shredded chicken is good too)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 12 ounces refried beans
- 2 ounces canned chopped green chili peppers
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 8 -10 flour tortillas
- 12 ounces grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Grease bottom of 9x11 baking dish.
- In a medium skillet, brown ground beef with onion.
- Stir in refried beans, green chili peppers and 1 can enchilada sauce and heat until warm.
- Spoon 3 or 4 tablespoons of meat mxture onto a tortilla and sprinkle with cheese (reserve 6 oz. of cheese for topping).
- Fold tortilla around mixture and place in baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining meat mixture.
- Top with 1 can enchilada sauce and remaining grated cheese.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes.