Recipe by Babybuttons
This is the recipe that was on the Chex cereal box with a few additions, when I was a child. I hope you like it as much as I do. I seem to make it every year around Christmas time, so Cheers!
Top Review by Ronin3338
Quick tip: I put the seasoning "sauce" in an oil shaker (like for salad dressing) and shake it over the mix a little at a time, stirring the dry mix between shakes. I get a much more even distribution that way.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 1⁄2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 1⁄2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1⁄4 cup nuts
- 1⁄2 cup pretzel
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Heat Butter in large 8-quart pot until melted and add seasoning salt and Worcestershire sauce and set aside.
- In large bowl, measure all 3 cereals, nuts, and pretzels and mix together.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Place mixture in a large pan (I usually use my roasting pan) and bake for 1 hour, stirring approximately every 15 minutes.