Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fresh Pesto recipe which I received from my friend Nancy; a true Italian! It is so delicious. Use up fresh immediately or put in ziplock bags and freeze.
- 2 cups basil leaves, fresh, large (may add more)
- 2 tablespoons garlic (or as much as you like!)
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup romano cheese or 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- All except the oil & cheese goes in the food processor. Process until mixed, then add olive oil in a stream until turned into a paste. If freezing, do so now. Add to hot pasta when ready to serve & remember to add the cheese. YUM!