Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the original version my mom handed down to me and has been one of my family staples since the 70s. I occasionally add other ingredients such as bell pepper or fresh onions, or top with bacon or cheese slice triangles. Sometimes I substitute saltine cracker crumbs to give it a different texture. My favorite part is meatloaf sandwiches from the leftovers.
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 354.88 ml breadcrumbs
- 177.44 ml catsup
- 4.92 ml maggi seasoning or 4.92 ml msg
- 118.29 ml warm water
- 28.34 g package onion soup mix
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except tomato sauce.
- Shape into loaf and place in ungreased pan.
- Pour tomato sauce over loaf.
- Bake for one hour.
Although a good recipe this isn't the original ann landers recipe. Don't even know what maggi seasoning is