Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nice way to use left over chicken for lunch or a light supper.
- 1 (5 ounce) package chicken rice pilaf mix or 1 (5 ounce) package yellow rice mix, found at most supermarkets
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic, smashed
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 large tortillas
- lettuce leaf
- 8 ounces grilled chicken, cut in strips
- green onion
- low sodium soy sauce
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, heat oil in a small frypan.
- Saute ginger, garlic and mushrooms until tender.
- Fold into rice mixture.
- Lay tortilla flat and line with letuce leaves.
- Divide rice veggie mixture into 4 equal parts; spreading on top of lettuce.
- Lay chicken strips and green onions on top of rice.
- Sprinkle with soy sauce.
- Wrap tortilla ends in and roll up.
- Serve immediately with a ginger conserve or your favourite fresh veggie salsa topping.
This is a wonderful fast meal. Made this the other night in an attempt to use up our left-over grilled chicken. The minced fresh ginger really adds incredible flavor. Very delicious and so easy. Make sure you use a big tortilla. Thanks Dorothy.