Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fresh shitake mushrooms and sesame oil are true oriental iingredients in this yummy stir fry, but it is the Italian balsamic vinegar that gives it the edge. From the cookbook Pasta!
- 113.39 g fine dried egg noodles
- 1 medium red onion
- 354.88 ml fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 9.85 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- fresh parsley leaves, to garnish (or celery leaves)
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the egg noodles and cook briefly until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Thinly slice the red onion and the shitake mushrooms. Preheat a wok, or heavy skillet, and add the vegetable oil and swirl it around. When the oil is hot, add the onion and mushrooms, and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the noodles to the wok with the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and salt. Toss them over the heat for 3 minutes. Add the sesame oil. Transfer to a warmed bowl, and serve at once, garnished with the parsley leaves, if desired.
A very nice Asian side dish. Very subtle flavors. Made mine with Chow Mien noodles. I made as written but will try again with added vegies and maybe chicken to make it a main dish. Very quick and easy to make. Made for Heart Healthy Tag--February 2010
This was wonderful! I made this for ZWT 4 Add More Veggies Challenge, and added a few more veggies to meet the challenge's requirement. I added broccoli, green onions, sliced carrots, chopped carrots, and water chestnuts.
Thank you Sharon for a very nice noodle recipe. I served the noodles with Sage/Rita's Recipe #168442 and DH enjoyed his supper tonight. I used Inn Maid natural medium egg noodles, a yellow onion instead of red, and olive oil. Cooked my noodles until they were almost done and than tossed with the rest of the ingredients. Topped my serving with a bit of soy sauce and my niece and mom enjoyed the noodles too. Thanks again hon! Made and reviewed for the ZWT4.