Recipe by Sharon123
Fresh shitake mushrooms and sesame oil are true oriental iingredients in this yummy stir fry, but it is the Italian balsamic vinegar that gives it the edge. From the cookbook Pasta!
Top Review by Outta Here
A very nice Asian side dish. Very subtle flavors. Made mine with Chow Mien noodles. I made as written but will try again with added vegies and maybe chicken to make it a main dish. Very quick and easy to make. Made for Heart Healthy Tag--February 2010
- 1⁄4 lb fine dried egg noodles
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- fresh parsley leaves, to garnish (or celery leaves)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the egg noodles and cook briefly until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Thinly slice the red onion and the shitake mushrooms. Preheat a wok, or heavy skillet, and add the vegetable oil and swirl it around. When the oil is hot, add the onion and mushrooms, and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the noodles to the wok with the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and salt. Toss them over the heat for 3 minutes. Add the sesame oil. Transfer to a warmed bowl, and serve at once, garnished with the parsley leaves, if desired.