Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
Serve with crusty whole wheat rolls for a filling, but light lunch. This is fast, easy, and good. My mother told me that this is a Weigh Watchers recipe; she got it from a woman in her office about 3 years ago.
Top Review by tzisa
We loved this soup!! It's nice & light with a good spicy bite to it. I used fresh snow pea pods (cut bite-sized) & instead of cooked noodles I put in a package of uncooked Ramen with the mushrooms. They cooked up perfect in the last few cooking minutes. This recipe really wasn't much harder than opening up a can of soup, but much, much better. We'll use this one again soon. Thanks!!
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions
- 3⁄4 cup frozen sugar snap pea
- 2⁄3 cup fresh bean sprout
- 3⁄4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup cooked fine noodles or 1 cup capellini
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the chicken broth, soy sauce, scallions, and peas in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the bean sprouts, mushrooms, and ginger; simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add the cooked noodles and heat for 2-3 minutes; serve hot.