Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a 1993 Better Homes and Gardens $200 winner from John Guinivere. I have not tried this; when I do I will post my rating. It just sounds good. Since I have not tried it, I can only estimate preparation time.
- 8 ounces fine noodles or 8 ounces spaghetti
- 4 ounces asparagus spears, cut into 1 inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or 2)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium green sweet pepper (or red)
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges (1 can drained)
- 1 cup sugar snap pea (fresh or frozen and halved crosswise)
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Cook pasta and drain, cover and chill.
- In a saucepan, cook asparagus, covered, in a small amount of boiling water 4-6 minutes or until crisp tender and drain.
- Stir together plum sauce, soy sauce, oil and red pepper.
- In a bowl combine pasta, asparagus, sweet pepper, oranges, peas, onion and almonds.
- Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.