Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Oriental turkey meatballs
Make and share this Oriental Turkey Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- 450 g ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon chili
- 4 spring onions
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 300 g rice
- 400 g pak choi
- Mix the mince, chillies, half the spring onions and 1tbsp soy sauce together in a bowl. Shape into 12 even-sized meatballs with wet hands.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and fry the meatballs until brown all over (you may need to do this in 2 batches). Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Add a third of the stock to the pan and heat until it simmers, stirring with a wooden spoon to shift any meat stuck to the pan.
- Return the meatballs to the pan with the rest of the stock, the remaining soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and vinegar.
- Bring back to the boil, reduce the heat and partially cover. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the cornflour paste and heat for a further 5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens. Cook the rice according to packet instructions and steam or lightly boil the boil the pak choi. Serve with the meatballs.