Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a low carb website. My daughter and I like this version better than regular tuna salad.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts (drained and chopped fine)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (to taste) or 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Serve on lettuce leaves or on bread, if desired.
This is a nice change from the usual. The water chestnuts are a little softer than celery, and add a certain sweetness. It's important to use good tuna for this, because the flavorings are quite subtle. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
We really enjoyed this tuna salad and my DH who loves crunch, really like the water chestnuts. We served it on whole wheat tortilla wraps. Only change I would make next time is to add a little spice to it. But very good.
This was very good, made for my lunch. I served it with crackers and cut veggies. The only change I think I'd make is to add some 5 spice or ginger to the mix also. Thanks for sharing.