Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I had to have this recipe after eating this at my uncle's birthday party on the 4th of July. It is really good! I was not sure of the size of the package of Ramen noodles, so I estimated. It is the standard small rectangle package.
- 1 (8 ounce) package ramen noodles, broken up into small bits (discard seasoning)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 3 heads lettuce, torn, can use Romaine, Green Leaf, Red Tip, etc
- 2 -4 chopped green onions
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup wine vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons soy sauce
- Add vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce into a jar and shake until sugar is dissolved. Add oil and shake. Sometimes I cut back on the amount of oil and sugar and use 1/2 cup of each. Just a matter of taste.
- Saute ramen noodles and walnuts in margarine until slightly golden. Drain and cool.
- Combine lettuce, green onion, and topping in a large bowl. When ready to serve, shake dressing and pour on salad, then serve. Do not put dressing on until ready to serve. Dressing will being breaking down the lettuce.