This is from the Joy of Cooking. I put this over my recipe for Hawaiian Meatballs.
Make and share this Oriental Sweet and Sour Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Mix together paste ingredients and set aside.
- Melt butter in a heavy pan.
- Add chicken broth, diced green pepper, and pineapple.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the cornstarch paste and the finishing sauce ingredients.
- Simmer, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
This was really good, and authentic tasting, without to much hassle. The thickness was right on and the flavor was outstanding. I also used red peppers, and the flavoring was subtle, which was OK by me! I served this with Hawaiian Meatballs and it was perfect! I'll make this again; thanks for sharing, Lavender Lynn.
Delicious sauce! Made Hawaiian Meatballs to go along with it :) My DH had 2 helpings of them both. He loved it and so did I. I had to sub a red bell pepper for the green pepper cause that is what I had on hand. I don't think it mattered cause the sauce was still delicious. I tagged this for the Feburary 2008 Chinese/Vietnamese New Year Tag Game. Thanks Lavender Lynn for sharing the recipe :)
I made as directed and the sauce was fabulous. I think it would have been better with a red pepper instead of a green but still a 5