Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great summer dish when vegetables are fresh. This is a wonderful salad and is easily converted when dieting. Full of color and flavor!!! You may also add chicken,pork or turkey.
- 2 cups cooked rice (drained)
- 2 cups mayonnaise (can use light) or 2 cups salad dressing (can use light)
- 2 cups celery
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 8 radishes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken or 1 1⁄2 cups pork
- Cook rice, cover and chill. Add mayo. Dice and add celery andonion. Add mustard,salt, and meat if using. Add to chilled rice, mix well,cover and chill until ready to serve.
Excellent for a hot day. This went down very well at a summer dinner party. I skipped the meat as there was a separate meat dish, and I just don't think salad's whould have meat in them (having been a devout vegan and vegetarian in the past). I used wholegrain mustard which added nice colour/flavour specs to it. Thanks for the recipe County Cook!