Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Serve as a side dish or for a tasty bite-size appetizer, spread pancakes with cream cheese, roll them up and slice. From Woman's World magazine. The article suggested serving these pancakes with roasted chicken and green beans with cashews.
SOY DIPPING SAUCE
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon scallion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 carrot, grated (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- SOY DIPPING SAUCE:.
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, 1 Tablespoon scallions and ginger. Set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar and salt.
- Whisk in eggs, milk, and water.
- Stir in carrot, sesame oil and 1/2 cup scallions.
- Heat 10” non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spoon 1/2 cup batter into pan, swirling to coat the bottom.
- Cook until lightly browned on bottom, about 30 seconds.
- With a spatula, left edges; turn pancake over.
- Cook until lightly browned, about 15 to 20 seconds.
- Repeat with remaining batter to make 3 more pancakes.
- Serve with soy dipping sauce.
These tasted wonderful but we prefer a very very thin pancake (almost like a thick crepe)! I will use this recipe again and add a little more water and egg to thin the mixture...Thanks for posting!!
These were great, and really easy. I left out the carrot- only because I had none-and they were delicious. I'll try them with the carrot next time! Made them exactly as stated, and will surely be doing them again! Thanks for posting.
These are delicious, and so easy! The sauce is perfect with them. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful recipe. :)