Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is out of the "Everyday Cooking" cook book. Cooking time does not include marinating time.
- Place the salmon fillet in a shallow non-metallic dish,.
- Mix together the oil, soy sauce, honey, ginger, green onions, lime zest, juice and the seasoning.
- Pour over the fillets and turn to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hours.
- Lightly oil a baking tray.
- Lift the fillets and green onion out of the marinade and place on the baking tray.
- Brush the fillets with a little of the marinade, then cook for 3 minutes about 4-5 inches from broiler element on high.
- Turn over, brush with more of the marinade and broil for 3-5 minutes until cooked though.
- Garnish with lime wedges.
Very nice flavor! I marinaded the salmon for an hour, then piled the onion/ginger bits on top, and poured the liquid all around and baked it in a preheated 400F oven for 16 minutes. Tagged for Rookie Recipes (due 11/29 with extension).
This recipe packs a lot of flavor and uses ingredients that I almost always have on hand! It's super easy, too. I used a 1-1/2 lb. salmon fillet, which was perfect. Since it had the skin on, I did not turn it over during cooking, but it was fine. Thanks for sharing this delicious alternative for preparing salmon.
Outstanding!! This takes little time to prep/cook and the result is a very flavorful piece of salmon. I am the only one in my family that eats fish so when I want it I have to make another meal for everyone else as well; this is a good one to have on hand! I cooked DH/DSs dinner in the oven when it was done I turned it off and left it in to keep warm, flipped on the broiler and cooked this up in 8 minutes. Will be making this again and again, definite keeper! Made for Rookie Recipe Tag.