Recipe by teresas
This is out of the "Everyday Cooking" cook book. Cooking time does not include marinating time.
Top Review by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Very nice flavor! I marinaded the salmon for an hour, then piled the onion/ginger bits on top, and poured the liquid all around and baked it in a preheated 400F oven for 16 minutes. Tagged for Rookie Recipes (due 11/29 with extension).
- 4 salmon fillets, skinless
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 inch fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, cut into long strips
- 1⁄2 lime, juice and zest of
- black pepper
- lime wedge, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the salmon fillet in a shallow non-metallic dish,.
- Mix together the oil, soy sauce, honey, ginger, green onions, lime zest, juice and the seasoning.
- Pour over the fillets and turn to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hours.
- Lightly oil a baking tray.
- Lift the fillets and green onion out of the marinade and place on the baking tray.
- Brush the fillets with a little of the marinade, then cook for 3 minutes about 4-5 inches from broiler element on high.
- Turn over, brush with more of the marinade and broil for 3-5 minutes until cooked though.
- Garnish with lime wedges.