Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Oriental Style One-Dish Dinner For entertaining, make this in your fanciest skillet or flameproof casserole to take right to the table from the stove.
- 453.59 g ground pork
- 473.18 ml Chinese cabbage or 473.18 ml cabbage, Chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 mushrooms, quartered
- 6 water chestnuts, sliced
- 4.92 ml fresh gingerroot, Grated
- 78.07 ml soy sauce (75ml)
- 354.88 ml short-grain rice
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 226.79 g asparagus, sliced diagonally
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0 to taste pepper, Freshly ground
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Lightly oil wok or skillet; add pork and stir-fry until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in cabbage, carrots, onion, mushrooms, water chestnuts and ginger; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Mix in soy sauce, then rice; stir gently.
- Pour in stock.
- Cover tightly and simmer about 20 to 25 minutes until liquid is almost absorbed.
- Stir in zucchini and asparagus; continue to cook about 5 minutes longer.
- Season with salt, and pepper to taste. Serve garnished with green onions.