Oriental Style One-Dish Dinner For entertaining, make this in your fanciest skillet or flameproof casserole to take right to the table from the stove.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 cups Chinese cabbage or 2 cups cabbage, Chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 mushrooms, quartered
- 6 water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, Grated
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (75ml)
- 1 1/2 cups short-grain rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 lb asparagus, sliced diagonally
- 1 teaspoon salt
- to taste pepper, Freshly ground
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1Lightly oil wok or skillet; add pork and stir-fry until meat is no longer pink.
- 2Stir in cabbage, carrots, onion, mushrooms, water chestnuts and ginger; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- 3Mix in soy sauce, then rice; stir gently.
- 4Pour in stock.
- 5Cover tightly and simmer about 20 to 25 minutes until liquid is almost absorbed.
- 6Stir in zucchini and asparagus; continue to cook about 5 minutes longer.
- 7Season with salt, and pepper to taste. Serve garnished with green onions.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Style One-Dish Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.6
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 56.9 mg
- Sodium 1466.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 22.7 g