Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is a great marinade for a flavourful steak. Don't be afraid to try this marinade on other cuts of meat and chicken too!
Top Review by Girl from India
We really enjoyed this one Evelyn. Used a stovetop grill pan though. Liked the marinade very much. Made it for dinner for guests (6 of us)and served with a pea pulao spinach raita. I used my old rum and ginger in vinegar routine instead of the sherry wine vinegar(unavailable)Doubled the recipe and still there was none left for lunch the next day :( Was counting on it because I have done a lot of cooking this week and wanted a break. That is my fault entirely though for picking out a winner ha! ;) Fay
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 inches length fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs flank steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, blend together oils, sugar, soy, vinegar, scallions, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, pepper flakes and ¼ cup water until smooth.
- In a shallow dish, pour marinade over steak, turning to coat well.
- Let steak marinate, covered and chilled, overnight.
- Discard marinade.
- Grill steak on an oiled rack set about 4 inches over coals for 5-6 minutes on each side for medium-rare meat and transfer to a cutting board.
- Let steak stand 10 minutes and slice thin across the grain.