Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe originally came from a Chinese cookbook. If you want to make a smaller quantity of wings just spoon as much sauce as you need over the wings and save the rest in the refrigerator, It's also good on ribs or cornish game hens. This is best if made the day before and marinated overnight.
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine or 3 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- Make this a day ahead so that the wings can marinate for 24 hours.
- Combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine, sugar, ketchup and garlic in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the chicken wings and toss lghtly to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and arrange the wings skin side down.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turn the wings over and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until golden brown.