Cook1 hr 35 mins
I came up with this after trying several variations of Indian carrot rice which I absolutely loved. Cooking time includes 1 hour resting time. The rice will be just warm when ready to serve. If you want it hot, gently reheat a little, but be careful not to burn it. Great with chicken and vegetables.
- Sauté shallot and carrots in olive oil until the shallots are translucent.
- Add rice, raisins and cinnamon stick.
- Sauté until rice is translucent.
- Add broth, bring to a slow boil, cover and boil for about 35 minutes on low heat.
- Turn off heat, let stand for about 1 hour before serving. Depending on the broth it may be necessary to add some salt to taste before serving.
Yummy rice recipe....I did not use brown rice, but use arborio rice for risotto. Turned out perfectly, expect I had to heat it up to serve. I did add some salt to serve. Dish looks beautiful and is wonderful with fish or chicken. Thanks for sharing! Made for "for your consideration" game in yuku.
Very nice and easy side dish. Could benefit from a tad bit of salt, in my opinion, but good as is. :)