Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a real favourite vegetable dish at my parties. I make salads or stir fried vegetables for every party and they are usually well recd. From the Readers Digest cookbook.
- 2 carrots, peel and cut into diagonally cut elongated slices
- 225 g broccoli (cut into florets, stems chopped)
- 1 red pepper (deseeded and julienned)
- 225 g green beans, cut into thirds after cutting the edges
- 3 spring onions, trim and slice
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (the recipe says 2 tblsp)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (the recipe says 4 tblsp)
- 1 small green chili, deseeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 175 g bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon light soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt and pepper
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Heat the vegetable oil and the sesame oil in a wok.
- Add the garlic and stir fry a minute Add the remaining vegetables except the bean sprouts and add the oyster sauce too.
- Stir fry for 3-4 minutes Add the remaining ingredients including the bean sprouts but excluding the lime juice and stir to mix well for another 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the lime juice and check the seasonings add more if reqd.
- Serve immediately.
This was great. I used the vegetables that I had available and added the sauces and juice together near the end. Lovely flavour combo.
I used veggies that I had, great flavor for sauce, will make this many more times! Thanks