Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is great served with rice noodles. If you can't find five spice paste it is sooo easy to make try my recipe for it.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder, paste
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250 g pak choi, shredded
- 50 g brown button mushrooms, sliced
- 50 g shiitake mushrooms (or other exotic mushroom)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 g firm tofu
- Mix soy, tomato paste and five spice paste and leave to one side.
- Heat wok and add the oil, soften the garlic. Turn up the heat and add the choi and stir fry for one minute.
- Add mushrooms and coat with oil. When they begin to soften add the seeds and tofu and stir well.
- Cook until the tofu is warmed through and serve with noodles.
I wasn't sure when to add the paste that I set aside, so I added it towards the end of the stir fry. I also didn't know when to hydrate the shiitake (I didnt realize it until the end), so I didn't add them. In all it turned out well, but I don't know if I would make it again.