Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cubes of sirloin steak are marinated in a flavorful oriental sauce and broiled or grilled until done. You can skewer the meat for a meal, or cook seperately and serve with toothpicks for an appetizer. Prep time includes 2 hours of marinade time, you may want to do longer. Number of serving depends on how you're serving the steaks, this makes approx. six meals or 12 appetizers. From a Taste of Home magazine.
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, minced or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 lbs boneless sirloin steaks, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine all ingredients (EXCEPT steak and green onions) until mixed well.
- Add beef and green onions, toss to coat.
- Seal and refrigerate at least 2 hours, but overnight is better.
- Drain beef, reserving marinade. Boil reserved marinade in a small pan for 5 minutes.
- If serving as a meal, skewer beef onto kebob skewers leaing about 1 inch between each piece (if using bamboo skewers, remember to soak in water for 20 minutes before grilling).
- TO BROIL: Broil beef cubes in a broiler pan, turning occasionally and brushing with reserved marinade, for 6-8 minutes ot until meat is browned on all sides.
- TO GRILL: Grill over medium high heat for about 6-8 minutes total, turning occasionally and brushing with reserved marinade.
- Serve with cocktail picks, if using as an appetizer.