1/5 Photos of Oriental Steak Skewers
Just plain yummy. These are fit for company. Served with a creamy mustard sauce. Adapted from TOH. The instructions are based on my cut of meat and may vary depending on how many slices of meat you get. The recipe said 16 slices but I only got 8. I doubled the marinade when I made it but not in the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless sirloin tip roast
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger or 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, julienned about 3 inches long (you will need 16 strips)
- 1 red onion, sliced in strips (you will need 32 strips)
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, julienned into 3 inch stripes (you will need 16 strips)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1Cut beef widthwise into 8 slices, 1/4 inches thick. Then cut in half, longwise (You should have long strips about 2 inches wide.).
- 2In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar and ginger.
- 3Add the beef making sure the meat is covered.
- 4Refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- 5In a saucepan, bring water and carrots to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 6Add onion and peppers, return water to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 7Drain and immediately place vegetables in ice water.
- 8Drain and pat dry.
- 9Drain and discard marinade from beef.
- 10Arrange 2 onion strips, one carrot strip and one pepper strip down the center of each beef slice.
- 11Roll up.
- 12For each kabob, use metal or soaked wooden skewers and thread two bundles on two parallel skewers.
- 13Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill.
- 14Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until beef reaches desired doneness, turning once.
- 15In a bowl, combine the sour cream, mustard and horseradish.
- 16Serve with kabobs.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Steak Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.4
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 89.8 mg
- Sodium 1566.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 28.0 g