- 8 ounces water chestnuts, diced
- 8 ounces mushroom stems, drained, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup long grain rice (not instant)
- 2 lbs sirloin, cut into bite size pieces
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 10 ounces beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 ounces chinese frozen pea pods
- 2 ounces sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Put first 5 ingredients into slow cooker.
- Mix juice, broth, ginger, brown sugar, teriyaki and pepper. Pour over everything. Mix well.
- Cook 5 1/2 hours on LOW -- or 3 hours on HIGH.
- At serving time, add completely thawed pean pods and almonds. Mix well.