Sometimes you ‘throw something’ together and it just turns out so well, you amaze yourself, and then you want to share with everyone… this is one of those times. Really nice, light in flavor but substantial enough to have as a dinner salad if you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the chicken
- 2.46 ml grated fresh ginger
- zest of one orange
- 29.58 ml orange juice (squeezed from orange peel and pith)
- 22.18 ml red wine vinegar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 1Poach the chicken in water, soy and ginger until just done. Allow to cool as long as possible in the poaching liquid
- 2slice cucumber into thin rounds or half moons (whichever you prefer)
- 3very thinly slice asparagus at a wide angle or use a mandolin to shave long ways into very thin slices.
- 4thinly slice celery
- 5zest one orange into a small bowl.
- 6Section the orange to make ‘supremes” over the bowl with the zest, allowing the juices to fall into the bowl with the zest, but setting aside the meat of the fruit.
- 7(I peel the orange with a knife and squeeze out the peel over the bowl as well, wring out the membrane, get every bit of juice out of the ‘leftovers’).
- 8either mince or grate about a half teaspoon of ginger into same bowl. Add vinegar a dash of salt and olive oil and whisk till well incorporated.
- 9You can server this two ways.
- 10Arranged salad: Lay washed trimmed romaine on a plate then each of the salad ingredients, sliced poached chicken and the top with some orange segments, extra parsley leaves and dressing.
- 11OR you can cut the chicken into a small cube and toss everything together with the dressing and serve it over a bed of romaine.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Spring Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.1
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 2452.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 35.4 g