Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
The tangy-oniony dressing is the key to this salad. My daughter won't let me get 'lazy' and not make the dressing too! My mother use to make this spinach salad years ago and it's been a family favorite ever since.
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 8 slices bacon
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or splenda to equal 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup grated onion
- Clean and prepare spinach. (You can also use fresh bagged spinach) Place in large bowl.
- Rinse bean sprouts and toss them with the spinach.
- Fry bacon to be crisp, drain on paper towels and break up into small pieces.
- Peel hard boiled eggs and chop. Place in small bowl.
- Mix dressing in a jar or cruet. Shake vigorously.
- Place the spinach in individual bowls. Put some bacon and chopped egg on top of each salad. You can drizzle some dressing on it or leave the person to do that themselves.
We loved this! Nice change from our standard wilted spinach salad, and a bit healthier too!