- 3 lbs spareribs (beef or pork)
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crushed garlic with all other ingredients and stir well to get a thick marinade.
- Rub all over the ribs, cover and leave to marinade for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Place the ribs in roasting dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn the ribs, add 1/2 cup boiling water to the pan and roast for a further 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.