Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Ribs a little different. prep time includes marinading time.
- 3 lbs spareribs (beef or pork)
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Combine crushed garlic with all other ingredients and stir well to get a thick marinade.
- Rub all over the ribs, cover and leave to marinade for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Place the ribs in roasting dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn the ribs, add 1/2 cup boiling water to the pan and roast for a further 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Fantastic--the smell of garlic filled the house while these were cooking, yet was not overpowering to the taste. Very easy to make & so good. Great change from the usual red sauce!
These were absolutely delicious! I had to cook these for an additional 20 minutes. We really enjoyed this recipe because it wasn't over-powering..just right! Even better was that it was so easy to make. Thanks for a keeper!
Very simple and easy dish to do. I liked it as it is not the traditional BBQ style ribs. I added some hoi sin sauce to this as well and I liked it. Also was kind of nice to cook it a bit faster instead of the more traditional long slow cook. Thanks Evie