Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is different from most of these kinds of salads because it uses fresh peanuts instead of peanut butter.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (corn, canola, etc.)
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped coriander (, cilantro, cusbara)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon crushed dry red pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Cook spaghetti as per package instructions, break long pieces in half before cooking.
- In a saucepan over medium heat cook the oils, honey, soy sauce and dry pepper for 2 minutes.
- Drain spaghetti.
- In a large bowl pour the sauce over the pasta.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Had this in my brown bag for lunch today, and was absolutely out of this world!! The overnight refrigeration, crunch of the peanuts, and cilantro made this one awesome salad. You can also try this will walnuts or slivered almonds, and add some blanced corn kernels to make this a complete meal, accompanied with garlic bread.
This was a big hit in our house. We did leave out the cilantro, we don't like it very much.
I found this salad way too oily. I used less than the amount called for and the bottom of the bowl was still swimming in in even after lots of tossing and overnight refrigeration. I did however love the taste of it. I would highly recommend halving the amount of oil used.