Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick and tasty.
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen pea pods, thawed (or fresh)
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms or 4 ounces canned mushrooms, sliced, drained
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Bias slice pea pods in half crosswise; set aside.
- In a 3 quart saucepan combine the chicken stock, ham, and mushrooms.
- Bring to boiling, reduce heat, Cover, simmer 4 or 5 minutes.
- Stir in pea pods and green onion.
- Cook 2 or 3 minutes more or till pea pods are crisp tender.
- Stir in vinegar.
- Ladle into soup bowls.