Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have no idea where the name comes from because there is no snake in the ingredients but my dad used to make this as his "fancy cooking", although it is super easy to make. He did a good job, too, because I was a picky eater and still loved it. Even the water chestnuts!
- 1 lb round steak, cut into strips
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced on diagonal
- 1 medium onion, sliced in rings
- 1 (7 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms, with juice
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup hot water
- Fry steak in large fry pan until browned.
- Add everything else.
- Simmer on stove until veggies are tender and sauce has thickened.
- Serve over rice.
This was simply good! I didn't have the water chestnuts, and I did increase the soy sauce. There was nothing fancy about this, it was simple and it went over great at my house. My husband and I added a little sriracha chili sauce to ours and it was very, very tasty. Thank you so much for the recipe.