Perfect for picnics! For those of us who prefer not to have 'mayo' based salads.
Make and share this Oriental Slaw recipe from Food.com.
- 1 package of sliced cabbage
- 1 bunch green onion (sliced)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 package craisins
- 2 packages of crushed ramen noodles (reserve seasoning packs for dressing, oriental flavor)
- 2 red apples, cored and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 -4 drops sesame oil (optional but good!)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Toss slaw ingredients.
- Combine and mix well dressing ingredients (including seasoning packets from noodles).
- Mix dressing and slaw-- refrigerate for 2 hours.