Recipe by whatsachef?
We LOVE this recipe!!! Great with soy sauce. Use rice or Lo Mein noodles, or just by itself. I am not sure where my mother got this, but it's been a family favorite for years!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 lb elbow macaroni
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- soy sauce (for taste) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Brown meat and drain.
- Saute the onions and peppers in oil in the same skillet until onions appear "transparent" and peppers become slightly softened.
- In a stockpot, combine all ingredients.
- Heat to slight boil, about 15 minutes on med. heat, stirring occasionally.
- Make sure you are completely stirring, getting everything evenly heated to prevent sticking!
- Serve over bed of rice, Lo Mein noodles or by itself with soy sauce.