1/1 Photo of Oriental Shrimp & Steak Kabobs
I love surf 'n' turf, so when I found this recipe I tried it right away. We all really liked it (and I'm always looking for recipes that can be grilled outside, so I don't have to use the oven during hot Florida days). This is good served with corn on the cob, a green salad and garlic bread. Cooking time does not include marinating time. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope herb with garlic soup mix or 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil or 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups mushroom caps
- 1 medium green bell peppers or 2 medium zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1In a 13x9-inch glass baking dish, blend soup mix, soy sauce, lemon juice, oil and honey; set aside. On skewers, alternately thread shrimp, steak, tomatoes, mushrooms and green pepper or zucchini.
- 2Add prepared skewers to baking dish and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 2-3 hours, turning skewers occasionally.
- 3Remove prepared skewers, reserving marinade. Grill or broil, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade until shrimp turn pink and steak is done, approximately 6-8 minutes, checking meat often as it can overcook quickly. Do not brush with marinade during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- 4NOTE: I usually saute the mushroom caps in a little butter very slightly --no more than 2 minutes-- at medium-low heat so they are a little softer and have a richer flavor when they come off the grill, but the recipe also tastes good without this step.).
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Shrimp & Steak Kabobs
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.5
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 69.4 mg
- Sodium 801.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 16.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herb with garlic soup mix