Recipe by kiwidutch
Posted for Zaar World Tours: If you like crabmeat and prawns, then this is the salad for you :) Region: ASIA.
Top Review by Chef floWer
This is a very delicious salad. I made it for hubby's (DH) birthday dinner as an entree and he really enjoyed it. For personal preference I would choose a smaller green leaf salad as it would be more manageable to eat the salad. (We put the mixture in the middle of the leaf and ate it) However this suggestion is only personal preference as didn't take anything away from the taste. Thank you kiwidutch... :)
- 30 ml sesame oil (2 Tablespoon)
- 1⁄2 small onion, -finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cm fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated (1 inch)
- 10 ml soy sauce (2 teaspoons)
- 120 ml mayonnaise (8 Tablespoons)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 225 g peeled prawns (8 oz)
- 225 g white crabmeat, flaked (8 oz)
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cucumber, diced
- 50 g fresh bean sprouts (2 oz)
- green salad leaves (for presentation)
- 1 lime, juice of
- lime slice (garnish)
- unpeeled prawns (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion and ginger gently in the sesame oil until soft, transfer to a large bowl and cool.
- Stir in the soy sauce, salt, pepper, and mayonnaise.
- Add crabmeat, prawns, red pepper, cuccumber and beansprouts, folding together gently.
- Shred the salad greens if in large pieces and line glasses with them, pile the prawn mixture in the middle and squeeze a little lime juice over each serving.
- Garnish with unpeeled prawns and lime slices.