Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great cold meal for summer, or to bring to a get together. Low fat, and DELICIOUS! This is a recipe I've found different variations of in a couple of magazines. Prep time depends on if you need to cook the pasta. Feel free to change amounts to suit your taste or according to what's in your frig. (Beware...make extra...I eat a serving,at least, as soon as it's mixed. Yummy!)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lb cooked shrimp or 1 lb imitation crabmeat or 1 lb cooked fish (or other seafood)
- 8 ounces cooked pasta (I like linguine)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro
- shredded carrot
- thin sliced red pepper (or whatever vegies you have)
- Mix first seven ingredients in large bowl.
- Add pasta, seafood, and vegies.
- Toss together and serve, or refrigerate.
Terrificalness! Let it rest in the refrigerator for a few hours to meld the flavors. Serve with some crunchy crackers. Tastes really oriental.
OMG, this is a truly MAGNIFICENT salad!!! I used imitation crab meat, and made the salad 2 hours before serving. I agree that the prep. time is a little longer than listed, but no biggie. I added a bit of fresh ground black pepper. I can't wait to try this again with shrimp!!! Excellent recipe! Thanks for posting! ~Manda
This is a really delicious recipe. I found the taste to be very Asian with the ginger, soy and sesame oil. I did find that the prep time was at least double , if not triple the 15 minutes listed. The veggies and spices need dicing and chopping, which is fiddly, but absolutely worth it. Also, I would recommend making this a bit ahead, so the shrimp (or whatever seafood you use) has a chance to pick up the flacour of the dressing. I would absolutely make this again. A big hit.