Recipe by L DJ
An excellent soup to start a meal with. Or for lunch with a crusty slice of french bread. Times are approx. I may be slower then you.
- 1 lb fresh salmon fillet, cut into medium chunks
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup coursely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 bag frozen oriental-style vegetables
- 1 cup cut frozen spinach
- 1 medium tomatoes, peeled seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 cups chicken broth
- maggi seasoning (soy sauce will work too)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oils in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery, oriental vegetables, ginger and garlic sauté.
- for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with curry powder and Reduce heat to.
- medium and sauté for 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- Add spinach, tomato And chicken stock; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Season with Maggi, add in salmon pieces.
- Bring to another boil,.
- reduce heat to medium, simmer for 3 minutes or until salmon flakes.
- easily when tested with a fork.
- Place mounds of hot rice in the center of large soup bowls.
- Ladle the soup over rice.
- Sprinkle serving with chopped cilantro and pinch of red pepper flakes serve.