Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Can't remember where this came from, but it is a favorite in our house.
- 1 lb salmon
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons plum sauce
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1 onion, chopped
- Skin salmon and cut in small pieces. Poach in water.
- Meanwhile mix the water, ketchup, rice vinegar, sugar and plum sauce.
- Put all the items into a pan, mix with the carrots, cucumber and onion and turn on medium high. Cook until boiling, turn heat down and cook until carrots are soft.
- Add salmon and serve over rice.
Wonderful!!! I made as is except I mixed some plum sauce with a hint of ginger with some hoisin and it was awesome in flavour. I did not use quite as much sugar as the brand of hoisin sauce I buy is sweet anyway. I loved all the flavours in this one although I must say I found it a bit too tomato sauce flavoured for my liking until adding the hoisin. I think this is probably to do with different brands of plum sauce some being stronger than others, my brand is quite mild hence adding the hoisin which was perfect. A great post and will be making again..