Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is so good. It has character with all the ingredients used. I got this from my friend, Cindy, whom I work with. Try it--it is delicious.
- 1 small cabbage, chopped or 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 3 green onions, finely chopped (use less if you like)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds or 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 2 packages uncooked ramen noodles (without seasoning)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter (I use less than this)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning (dry mix)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup canola oil or 1 cup olive oil (I use about 1/2 cup or less olive oil)
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- Toast almonds and sunflower or sesame seeds in butter.
- Cool and set aside.
- Break up 2 packages (uncooked Ramen noodles).
- Just before serving, toss slaw mix, green onions, almonds and seeds.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a covered container and shake well to dissolve all the sugar.
- (You can heat up the vinegar to help dissolve the sugar) Pour dressing just before serving.
- This dressing recipe is for one batch slaw mix, but I have used it for almost double the amount of slaw mix and it is plenty and still taste good.
I received nothing but compliments on this salad. I replaced the cabbage with romaine lettuce used yellow onion instead of green and and replaced the almonds with water chestnuts (I didn't bake the chestnuts). Also, I used 1/3 the amount of vinegar using white instead of apple cidar and replaced the rest with water. 5 Stars...